Thursday, September 8, 2016

Week 1a: My template

I chose this template because it's a striking yet calming design. The colors work really well together, and although it doesn't much fit the overall tone of my posts, I believe that people will be drawn to it. It's uniqueness almost gives the impression that I designed and coded it myself. While that's not true, it might make me, the author appear more savvy and skilled than someone who chose a basic-looking template.

I also like that the style on this template also applies to the comments section. I don't know if it's included on the other templates, but the "About Me" section is a nice touch. Basically, if you found an individual blog post of mine on a Google search, all the relevant information is presented to you right off the bat, and that can be very appealing to people who find the blog on accident.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there!

    this background reminds me of an island and then the island makes me think of drinks such as; mai tai, blue Hawaiians, sex on the beach etc. great choice of back ground look forward to reading your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katie,

    I like the color scheme of your template. It reminds me of some fabric that my daughter just ordered for her bedroom wall. Yours however has a tropic vibe. I look forward to reading your posts.

    Larry D

    ReplyDelete