Monday, November 7, 2016

Week 9a: Blogging for Business

I'm a big fan of human interest posts. In fact, one of my posts on The Game Boys Facebook page that I scheduled a few weeks ago was human interest (A post honoring our "game technicians" who keep the video games up and running). I like learning little behind-the-scenes tidbits about the people involved in a business. Posts like "(business) wishes our founder a very happy birthday" make me, and I assume others, just feel good.

The great thing about human interest posts is that the content comes from real life. The people who get featured on business' social media pages as part of a human interest story are real people with real experiences. They can be incredibly inspiring, and social media followers get the sense that the business is just as inspired as they are. I speak from experience when I say that when MiraCosta's social media does a feature on a student who overcame obstacles to succeed in school, it just leaves a much nicer feeling than if I heard the story second-hand from some random person.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Katie,
    I can see how the human interest posts are inspiring and informational. I don't think I read mean of them unless it's featured on some health site or someone who made millions off a simple idea or concept. When I read those stories I think, "is this real or what are they trying to sell me?" Although, MiraCosta student stories definitely have a special place in my heart. I feel a comradery when it comes to those stories because many of us have a MiraCosta story, it took me 6 years to figure mine out.

    ReplyDelete